ARTSConnect announced the establishment of the TopArts Grant Programs. These grants are funded largely by the City of Topeka with other monies generated through the generosity of private individuals. Two grant programs have been established for the following purposes:
Public Art Grants are intended to support the creation, installation & maintenance of public works of art. Successful grant applications will propose initiatives that do at least one of the following:
- Beautify and enhance our community with thoughtful works of art.
- Install public artwork in areas experiencing graffiti and property crime.
- Engage concerned citizens of all ages in the creation of new public art.
- Maintain/repair existing public artwork.
Application can be found online at: http://artsconnecttopeka.org/toparts-public-art-grants/.
Arts Access Grants are intended to support arts education opportunities, cultural events and other efforts which expand the quality and availability of the arts in Topeka. Emerging and new programs are encouraged to apply. Successful applications will propose initiatives that do at least one of the following:
- Reduce/eliminate fees for existing programs/classes.
- Pay teacher/artist fees for teaching new or existing classes
- Support cultural events, concerts and other performing arts opportunities.
- Offer scholarships for students to participate in courses or events.
Application can be found online at: http://artsconnecttopeka.org/toparts-access-grants/
Applications are due on February 8th, 2016 by 5:00pm CST. Visit www.artsconnecttopeka.org for more information.