Brand new look to debut with a focus on one-stop shopping and extra conveniences
Dillons at 6829 SW 29th St. (29th & Urish) in Topeka has planned its grand re-opening celebrations, beginning on Wednesday, August 24. A ribbon cutting ceremony will be hosted on Wednesday, August 24 at 9:00 a.m. with the Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce. The store team will present a check to Harvester’s Food Network for $3,934.72 on behalf of the generosity of its customers with a recent coin-box collection drive. Helping Hands Humane Society will also be recognized with a $5,300 in raised funds thanks to Dillons shoppers who have registered their Plus Cards to support Helping Hands through its Community Rewards fundraising program and a $500 donation from the store team.
Members of the Washburn Rural High School band will also perform beginning at 10:00 am. The store team will also provide a $500 donation to further music education in the school.
During the day and throughout the weekend, Dillons plans to celebrate with sampling demonstrations and special “Grand Re-Opening” prices for customers. Additional plans include:
- Grilling ribs on the patio (Wed 8/24 from 11a-4p)
- Roasting fresh summer sweet corn and hatch chilies on the patio (Sat 8/27 from 10a-5p)
- $5 KU and KSTATE t-shirt sale on the patio (Sat 8/27 from 10a-7p)
- Meet the dairy farmers from Hildebrand with flavored milk sampling (Sat 8/27 from 11a-2p)
“Even though we have been serving Topeka at this Dillons location since 2000, it feels like a brand new store following our remodel,” said Lynette Fry, store manager. “The best part about the entire project is the addition of online ordering with curbside service through ClickList. Our customers are raving about ClickList and the all conveniences it brings to parents, business professionals, caregivers, and small business owners. Schedules are so busy these days. With ClickList, my team can do your grocery shopping and give you back a little extra time in your day.
Fry continued, “Our customers have also been thrilled with expanded selections of natural and organic foods throughout the store, along with our bulk foods section. We have also expanded our selections of garden-fresh produce, including organics, and fresh meat and seafood. These departments have been a huge hit with our customers and I have heard such wonderful reviews of the updated look and feel of the store.”
- Customers order on-line at www.dillons.com/clicklist. On the website, the customer creates their shopping list, selects a pick-up time, and then places the on-line order. Next, a Dillons ClickList associate hand picks the order and stores it in temperature-appropriate zones until the customer arrives. Last, the customer pulls their vehicle up in the designated pick-up lane and a ClickList associate accepts payment and loads the order in their car.
- On-line orders can be created on computers or smart phones with internet access.
- Orders placed before mid-night are available for pick-up the next day at a specific time chosen by the customer.
- Curbside pick-up may be scheduled 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- As an introductory offer, Dillons will waive the $4.95 service charge for each customer’s first three orders.
- Payment is made at time of pick-up.
- Coupons electronically linked to a customer’s loyalty card will automatically redeem to reduce the cost of the order. Paper coupons will be deducted at time of pick up.
- If an ordered item is not available, store associates will offer an upgraded substitution to the customer, which the customer may accept or decline.
- Pharmacy prescriptions are not included in the program.
Upgraded and new features at the Dillons on 29th & Urish include:
- Additional selections of garden-fresh produce, including organic varieties and salad bar
- Enhanced offerings of fresh meat and seafood with added emphasis on selection and service
- Expanded offerings of natural and organic foods, including new bulk foods and nut grinders
- Updated Pharmacy with private counsel rooms
- Enhanced frozen food and grocery offerings with a focus on quality store brands
- Fresh décor package with warm colors, upgraded department markers, and energy-efficient ambient lighting
About Dillon Stores
Dillons Supermarkets, headquartered in Hutchinson, KS, is a division of The Kroger Company, one of the nation’s largest retail grocery chains. Dillon Stores operates 80 stores in Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska and employs more than 12,500 associates. Dillon Stores focuses its charitable efforts on supporting hunger relief, health and wellness initiatives, local schools, and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. For more information on Dillons, please visit our website at www.dillons.com.