TOPEKA, Kan. – Ten leaders from the Kansas business community have joined the board of directors for Junior Achievement of Kansas, a statewide nonprofit organization dedicated to giving young people the information and skills they need to succeed in a global economy.
The new board members are:
- Ashley Bettis, Bettis Asphalt & Construction, Inc.
- Scott Dolan, General Manager, The Home Depot Regional Distribution Center
- Justin Glasgow, President, Performance Tire & Wheel Group
- Marcus Harris, Executive Vice President & CEO, Kansas Electric Power Cooperative (KEPCo)
- Paula Landoll-Smith, Marketing Director, Landoll Corporation, Marysville, Kan.
- Traci Mercer, Fairlawn Mall Banking Center Manager, Bank of America
- Kristie Pryor, Supply Chain Optimization Manager, Frito-Lay
- Marc Shepherd, Senior Risk Manager, Copeland Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Jean Turnbough, Vice President & General Manager, Kansas First News
- David Villanueva, Human Resources Manager, Lowe's Home Improvement Store
“We’re thrilled we have so many qualified, respected individuals coming on the board,” said Junior Achievement of Kansas President Amy Burns. “New board members bring a fresh perspective to our organization. I look forward to seeing how their professional and personal experiences will strengthen the JA organization in Kansas, allowing us to help even more students succeed in a global economy.”
“We appreciate the dedication these individuals are showing to Junior Achievement,” said Board Chair Greg Umscheid of Westar Energy. “By joining the board, they are making the future of our children and our community a high priority. Their new ideas, coupled with the experience of our outstanding current board members, will bring Junior Achievement of Kansas to a new level of success as an organization serving young people statewide.”