The Cyber Security Summit Was A Great Success!
Century Business Technologies- Dynamic Division brought in a variety of speakers to educate businesses across Kansas. Speakers focused on pressing cyber security issues including: The Dark Web, Phishing, Homeland Security, Cyber-Criminal Forensic Science and Cyber Insurance Protection. Presenters included:
• Geoffrey Jenista, Cyber Security Advisor from the US Department of Homeland Security
• Desiree D. Rohr, Digital Forensics Examiner from the Kansas Bureau of Investigation
• Marc Laliberte, Information Security Threat Analyst from WatchGuard Technologies
• Justin Sharples, Information Security Officer of CoreFirst Bank & Trust
• Brett Gamso, Cybersecurity Insurance, Brier, Payne, Meade Insurance
The event was specifically aimed to educate ways to better protect businesses and individuals against phishing, ransomware, and other malicious forms of cybercrime. Many of the speakers also included scenarios when they personally experienced phishing or other forms of cyber maliciousness. Information was also shared with actions and procedures one may consider taking for peace of mind toward their business’ and personal security. Participants found the Q&A session at the end to be very helpful as well. It was clear that attendees showed great interest in the presenters’ topics. They asked many questions relevant to topics and the speakers offered insightful answers