Washburn University School of Business has maintained its business accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB-International). The organization recently completed Washburn’s Continuous Improvement Review and extended the university’s accreditation through 2020. William Glick, chairman of the AACSB Board of Directors, commended Washburn on several strengths, innovations, and effective practices, including:
- Highly dedicated faculty members with a strong focus on classroom teaching and student success.
- High demand and affordable academic programs that attract a strong local student base and provide employees for local and regional businesses.
- Relatively small class sizes provide the opportunity for greater student attention and interaction.
- Strong interaction between the Washburn University Kansas Small Business Development Center (WUKSBDC) and the school enables students and faculty to work on real projects and provide consulting to SBDC clients.
- The school has effectively added a new graduate program in Accountancy and new undergraduate concentrations in International Business and Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
Dr. David Sollars, dean of the School of Business, credits many things for the school’s success. “First, we have experienced and knowledgeable faculty and staff members who are dedicated to the success of our students. Second, through the generosity of donors and other community supporters, the school has the resources to offer innovative and exciting academic and extracurricular programs, and also provides outstanding scholarship support to our students. Third, we attract high-quality students who go on and are successful in their chosen endeavors.”
Washburn University School of Business has been AACSB accredited since 2006. The school offers undergraduate programs in accounting, economics, entrepreneurship and innovation, finance, international business, management, and marketing. In addition, the school offers master’s degree programs in business administration (MBA) and accountancy (MAcc).
AACSB accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in business education. Founded in 1916, AACSB International is the longest serving global accrediting body for business schools that offer undergraduate, master's, and doctoral degrees in business and accounting. According to AACSB data, only the top five percent of all the business programs in the world have achieved AACSB accreditation.