The knockout round of the Pitch Competition was held at Washburn University on October 15. Seventy-five teams had three minutes to present, or pitch, new business ideas to a panel of judges. The top five teams will advance to the finals round. The top five teams and their new business ideas are:
- Scott Bucy, Alex Moorehead, and Matthew Palmer – Slumberalls, price-point novelty pajamas for children and adults
- LeighAnn Defendorf, Christina Foreman, and Brista Robinson – ice-cream cone made with potato chips
- Mark Feuerborn and Kaleb Marconette – non-traditional luthier business that specializes in crafting personalized cigar box guitars
- Kristen Kogl – durable floss holder to assist in flossing teeth
- Cassidy Wines – business that assists with the start-up of screen printing businesses in high schools to make business departments self-sufficient
The finals round will be held Thursday, October 29, in the Bradbury Thompson Alumni Center. The event begins with a banquet at 6 p.m. Reservations are required. For more information and to make reservations, contact Dr. David Price at 785-670-3258; firstname.lastname@example.org.