We’re excited to announce an open speaker call for TEDxTopekaWomen 2016. Anyone who is interested in applying should go to www.tedxtopekawomen.com and fill out an application. TEDxTalks are widely known as high quality, innovative, and thought provoking. Event organizers are looking for a wide variety of talks from a diverse speaker group with a strong focus on women and girls, issues that effect them, and their ability to be change-makers. The event will feature speakers from across the region, a live-streamed session from TEDWomen, as well as performing art pieces. All are encouraged to apply and to forward information to those they think would be a good TEDxTopeka speaker.
Giving a TEDx talk might look easy, but it involves a lot of hard work! Because of this, all speakers will need to agree to the following guidelines:
Speakers will be required to:
- Develop their full talk by September 27, 2016.
- Be willing to work with a TEDxTopeka speaker preparation representative to develop their talk and slides.
- Submit photos and bios to appropriate person by September 1, 2016.
- Submit all slides to TEDxTopeka by September 27, 2016.
- Be available for speaker rehearsal the entire day of the event (October 27, 2016).
- Be present for the entire TEDxTopeka event.
Speaker applications are due by August 3, 2016. Speakers will be notified by August 16, 2016. Please direct any questions to Nathan Morris, event organizer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.